Friday, February 1, 2008

Oppoturnity for New Callers at NEMOFOTMAD

I got in touch with Sarah McComber-House, who coordinates the contra dances for Northeast Missouri Friends Of Traditional Music and Dance. N.E.MO.F.O.T.M.A.D aka NEMOFOTMAD

She says that the group would be most happy to have new callers.

Just contact Sarah if you are interested.

Sarah McUmber-house
mcuhouse@rallstech.com
573-985-4141 (office phone with answering machine)

Here is the website - http://www.angelfire.com/mo/sassafrassgrove/BHP/NEMOFOTMADindex.html

SCHEDULE for SPRING 2008:
March 14th - caller: Eric Schreiber
April 11th - caller: Jim Thaxter - Jim has said that he is quite happy to help practice callers.
May 9th - caller: Deborah Hyland

2 comments:

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Assuming it's okay w/ Sarah, I'd be happy to have someone call once or two dances when I'm in Hannibal. In spite of their title, it's not necessarily a contra dance. I do mostly family dances there.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh.

I'm kind of terrified of calling a dance where people don't already know all the moves.

Guess I should learn, huh. I think I could do Patty-Cake Polka and the Broom Dance, but that's about it.

M
E