Thursday, December 6, 2007

Practice Practice Practice

Wow. We're actually doing it!

All of our regular Childgrove callers have graciously offered spots to us fledgling callers in the coming months. Here is the list I have (correct me if I'm wrong!):

Sunday, December 16, Deborah calling - Wade
Sunday, Dec 23, Mac calling - Bob
Monday, Dec 31, open calling - Wade, David, Larry
Sunday, Jan 6, Judy calling - David and Chrystal
Sunday, Jan 20, Ted calling - Martha
Sunday, Jan 27, Mac calling - Kay
Sunday, Feb 3, Judy calling - Wade (plus one more TBD)
Sunday, Feb 17, Mac calling - Joe F
Sunday, Mar 3, Deborah calling - Martha

Also, my fellow hatchlings, we can ask Larry for Eileen's number to pester her about calling a dance at the Youth contra on Dec 26, and we can also importune Eric (or Deborah) to see if we can call a community-type dance in Elsah. AND, John and Kathy Coffman have invited us to come down any old time to call a dance or two at the Cape Girardeau dance. Personally, I'm not sure I'm ready to call a dance to anyone who couldn't do it if I just read them the card, but I guess it's time to try... Maybe they'd like to do one of those Victorian-period Blind-man's Bluff Parlor Games.

M
E

2 comments:

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

For my dances, I am opening 2 slots, but they both go to 1 caller. Sorry for any confusion.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Deborah. I've corrected the list. Hope it's right now.

M
E