Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No Calling Party June 25 - sort of

We didn't have a regular Calling Party on June 25 - Dale and Billy and I got together just to go over the basics. Since they're both musicians, figuring out where "1" and "5" are was easy-peasy, so we moved on to figuring out just where we might say what in order to get the dancers moving in time with the music. We used Gene Hubert's "The Nice Combination" for the project, writing down the moves in a special dance grid I got from some folks in Columbia MO, then writing down the calls in the preceding four counts, then using our notes to call the dance a bunch of times. At the end we compared what we came up with, with what I had used to call the dance at Childgrove. I liked the new things we came up with better, and have changed my card...

M
E

No comments: