Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hi everybody. I as well think that kudos are in order all around. We collectively seemed to be calm and prepared to call (yea). Ironically, even after determined effort I managed to leave out a couple at the top at the end of the dance that I called. I just could not tell when the band was going to end the tune. Larry mentioned to me that the ladies may have had some difficulty getting into the hey after the right -hand allemande in Al's Heyday. Perhaps we could work on that move at the next caller's gathering.
Thanks,
Joe

4 comments:

Kay said...

Yes, the band (who were wonderful!) seemed at times to kind of do their own thing. I didn't notice it so much on your dance, Joe, but I swear I heard some of us say "one more time" and the band just kept going.

I tried to get in a "swing your partner" at the last of "Rendezvous," but hadn't practiced that bit enough and it got lost when my mouth ran right on into "circle left three quarters." Oh well. Those little niceties will come with practice, I suppose.

Yes, I'm all for practicing some more on any bit that any of us is having trouble with.

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

I wasn't able to be there as I was booked elsewhere this weekend, but it's worth noting that saying "one more time" into the microphone will not be heard by the band. The caller's voice is not (and this is a good thing) in the band's monitors. Before the dance be sure to find out who you need to communicate with and how many times before the end they want to be alerted. Be sure to catch their eyes at the middle of B2 with what ever signal you've arranged with them.
Congratulations everyone!

Chrystal said...

I may have appeared calm--glad I did--but not the case. I dont think I even tapped my toe until about midway thru when I realized I wasnt moving. Kinda had to laugh at myself.

Unknown said...

I did the "little bunny foo-foo" thing pretty much across the whole band. Back, even. I couldn't help putting in a bit of "down came the fairy grandmother" too.

They undoubtedly thought I was a bit wacko, but they stopped at the right time as soon as they quit laughing at me one minute and four seconds later.