Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Blast!

OK it was a blast on Saturday! It was so fun to see everyone up there calling and to dance to all the hard work I know went into it!


The band was fabulous. I stepped up to the stage, and while everyone was taking partners I told them, "Ok, I just wanted to let you know this my first time ever calling a Contra dance." The guitar player there on the end just grinned and said, "OK! Great were going to play a three-part crooked tune..." And I said, "Bring it on."

We talked about doing the bunny hop signal last Wednesday--when to signal--and I still did it too early so when the Bass player called out "last time" and I panicked and begged for one more time thru! I didn't want to leave anyone out at the top! They were cool and it ended well. I'm sure everyone noticed I hollered "Last Time" It was as much for me as anyone. hee hee

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME job everyone!

No comments: