Sunday, January 13, 2008

Something Good is Happening

Oh happy day!

Another fun English dance. Lots of people, interesting fun dancing. If this keeps up, I'm going to get my wish for really good ECD in St Louis a lot faster than I thought. (PLEASE don't anyone take offense at this sentiment. That was a compliment!)

Our own Kay and Chrystal did very well. Minimal (but not too minimal) teaching and clear calling BEFORE the moves made it easy to dance. A couple of the callers kept calling the moves AS we were supposed to be doing them, which made it impossible to prepare for a transition if you couldn't remember what came next. I certainly can't, yet -- it's so frustrating for me that I can't dance English yet without awkward moves and late starts. I can learn a contra with one walkthrough, but I just don't have many automatic moves and transitions between moves in English, so I have to THINK about each one. That's hard. I'm not sure this would be improved with more timely calls, but it couldn't hurt.

I've just got to get those other Bare Necessities CDs (or ask people to check the list of the dances we do have) so I can dance at the calling parties. I need the dancing practice badly!

M
E

3 comments:

Charles said...

I thought the music was particularly good, too.
;-)

Chrystal said...

The music WAS fabulous--as always. And WOW what a huge crowd we had.

Unknown said...

The music WAS good, you rogue. I particularly liked the recorder playing...

M
E